05/04/2016

Medieval architecture

Due to my education profile and research in the field of Medieval Studies, the architecture of this period came as a ready source of inspiration in my paintings. I have created both small and large pieces inspired by wonderfully crooked and irregular medieval buildings, from my home province of Transylvania and elsewhere (Budapest for example where I completed my studies). Some of these acrylic paintings are available on my Etsy shop, depicting medieval buildings from Brasov (town hall, guild house) and Budapest (urban house in Buda). These original works combine acrylic and graphic pencil, in my typical "messy-wiped" style, and come in various sizes, from miniatures to average pieces.

Small acrylic on cardboard painting (9.5 x 10 cm) depicting the town hall of Brasov (Kronstadt, in Transylvania)
 
Guild hall in the old center of Brasov (size unframed: 9.5 x 11 cm)

Medieval house on Buda Hill (dimensions without frame: 29 x 26.5 cm)

 

No comments: