30/03/2017

Architectural inspiration for painting

I have always been impressed with old building, first as a historian and then as an artist. I have painted several cityscapes, streets, corners and architectural details, mostly from my home region of Transylvania, but also elements seen during trips abroad.
See my previous posts on works inspired by the cities of Transylvania HERE
I would like to share today a small series of paintings (acrylic on cardboard) I have created in 2006 after a trip to Italy, in the area around Ravenna. One of the houses, small and simple though very artistic, has caught my fancy. Here is the model and the results. none of these paintings is in my studio, as customers seem to have liked them as well.

Italian house, photo by Ana-Maria Gruia, 2006



Original painting, acrylic on cardboard, by Ana-Maria Gruia





Original painting, acrylic on cardboard, by Ana-Maria Gruia

No comments: