23/10/2015

Our body - their body


I finally got to see the much-debated exhibition of actual human bodies in Cluj-Napoca. I am not prudish and I was looking forward to it, but the actual display did induce disappointment and nausea. For one, there are just a few rooms and the price is indeed high in comparison to usual museum entrance tickets in Romania. Then, the bodies and body parts look like they've been handled roughly, with chopped off bits and pieces, broken off veins and arteries, and generally in a delicate state of preservation. So, everyone is entitled to an opinion and I am glad of having gone through the trouble of forming my own, but... though the exhibition is interesting, it is not so interesting and offers nothing more than one of anatomical models or even of detailed anatomical plates.

I rather enjoyed the blood circulation room thought, as the exhibits are more abstract and can be easily perceived through the lenses of modern art.

No comments: